Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas is coming

Christmas is only eight days away now!  Today I am showing a new tree skirt I made this year.  I picked some nontraditional Christmas prints in aqua, gold, burgundy, and cream. 

The pattern I used was called "Skirting Christmas" by Far-Flung Quilts.  I did add an extra 5-inch border all the way around my tree skirt to make it large enough to fit under our 8-foot tree.
 
 
 
 
You will note I also strung popcorn and cranberry garland this year for our tree! 
 
Today I am linking up with the Christmas Tree Skirt Round Up at Quiltinglines.com.  I hope you will check out the other Christmas tree skirts that others will be linking up throughout this week leading to Christmas. 

Merrilee 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up on the Christmas tree Skirt Round Up. I like your tree skirt. It is a very happy one. Good luck on the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree, the popcorn and candy garland reminds me of when my kids where young. We would string popcorn, candy, cottonballs...anything we could stick a needle through. By the time they finished you couldn't see any green. Lots of fun and good memories! Love your skirt, aqua and red have stolen my heart this year.

    ReplyDelete