Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bags, Bags, Bags

I tried a new bag pattern recently.  The pattern I used was the Margo Handbag by Lazy Girl Designs.

Its approximate finished size is 10-1/4 x 9-1/4 x 4 inches.  It is the perfect size for a handbag.  The bag closes with a zipper (but can also be made without the zipper), has shoulder-length fabric handles, two outside pockets, and several inside pockets which can be customized to whatever size you would like.  I used fabrics from the Riley Blake "Twice as Nice" collection
I had so much fun making the first one, I made a second one in different fabrics.  For the second one I used Michael Miller batiks.  These instructions were very well written, and they didn't take long at all to make.

I have kits available for both of these bags at Stitchin' It Up Quilt Shop.  I also have available the fusible batting, interfacing, and zipper needed to complete these bags.  


What other bag patterns have you tried and really liked?

Merrilee


1 comment:

  1. oh wow, love the red one. I think I have some of that fabric - Sugar and Spice I think? At Home with Mrs H writes some fabulous bag patterns and they're available as pdfs

    ReplyDelete