Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bags, Bags, Bags

I tried a new bag pattern recently.  The pattern I used was the Margo Handbag by Lazy Girl Designs.

Its approximate finished size is 10-1/4 x 9-1/4 x 4 inches.  It is the perfect size for a handbag.  The bag closes with a zipper (but can also be made without the zipper), has shoulder-length fabric handles, two outside pockets, and several inside pockets which can be customized to whatever size you would like.  I used fabrics from the Riley Blake "Twice as Nice" collection
I had so much fun making the first one, I made a second one in different fabrics.  For the second one I used Michael Miller batiks.  These instructions were very well written, and they didn't take long at all to make.

I have kits available for both of these bags at Stitchin' It Up Quilt Shop.  I also have available the fusible batting, interfacing, and zipper needed to complete these bags.  


What other bag patterns have you tried and really liked?

Merrilee


2 comments:

  1. oh wow, love the red one. I think I have some of that fabric - Sugar and Spice I think? At Home with Mrs H writes some fabulous bag patterns and they're available as pdfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. https://ritzz.net/

    ReplyDelete